Senior Consultant - Health Economics Modelling
The Parexel HEOR modelling team is a dedicated Parexel Regulatory & Access Consulting unit with ~25 staff based in the UK, US, Sweden and India, whose purpose is to provide health economics consultancy services to interna...Read more
The Parexel HEOR modelling team is a dedicated Parexel Regulatory & Access Consulting unit with ~25 staff based in the UK, US, Sweden and India, whose purpose is to provide health economics consultancy services to international pharmaceutical and medical devices companies.
The unit focuses on the development of Health Technology Assessment compliant cost-effectiveness and budget impact analyses of drugs and devices. Wider forms of modelling such as early economic models, payer value tools, and country adaptations also form part of the team’s work. The unit also specializes in advanced statistical techniques including survival analysis. Projects may variously employ mathematical, statistical, economic and operational research techniques applied to the evaluation of drugs and devices in a wide range of health conditions. The unit works closely with the other parts of Parexel Regulatory & Access Consulting including Advanced Analytics, Evidence Review, and Pricing & Market Access which focus on systematic literature reviews, value communications, and HTA dossier development.
This role can be based in multiple EU locations.
The purpose of the role is to lead the development of health economic models, such as cost-effectiveness and budget impact models, to understand the economic value of clients’ products and interventions. This is a senior role within the modelling team, incorporating responsibilities for line management, business development, thought leadership and team training.
The objectives of the role will be:
- Project management: Manage a team of analysts to ensure timely delivery of projects to a high standard, managing client communications, and ensuring projects are delivered on budget
- Technical leadership: Provide technical leadership and training to more junior staff within the team, and ensure own skills are up to date
- Business development: Write and present proposals in response to a request from a client.
- Management support: Provide support to the senior modelling team in managing aspects of business performance, as required
- Complete basic job-related responsibilities, including timesheets, expense reports, project deliverable archiving, participation in internal initiatives/projects or as a mentor as requested by management
- 5+ years’ experience developing economic models including cost-effectiveness and budget impact models
- Master’s degree in either life science or a quantitative discipline, such as health economics, economics, mathematics or statistics
- Strong computing skills (MS Office) including strong MS Excel (and VBA) skills
- Experience of programming and software such as SAS, STATA and R is an advantage
- High analytical ability
- Extensive experience of project management of modelling projects
- Experience of business development activities is an advantage
- A high degree of written accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and in writing, especially in the relaying of technical information
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm, ambition and flexibility
- Fluent English, another European language will be an asset
Why Work at Parexel
There are pivotal moments in every career: Sharing new treatments. Improving processes. Delivering life-saving advances. The people who succeed are the ones who make the journey go further and faster every time. What if you had a partner to support you as you reach the next level in your professional path? A partner who believes a collaborative environment is key to achieving your goals? A partner who is dedicated to your health and wellness so you can help make a difference in the lives of millions worldwide?
That’s Parexel. We’re a diverse team of professionals focused on one goal: getting treatments into the hands of those who need them most. Working together, the results we bring to our clients and the opportunities we bring to our team get better with every step.
How can we help you on your journey? Find your path, and learn more on LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Glassdoor.