Senior Community Moderator
We're looking for a Sr. Community Moderator to join the Community team at Zapier. Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Over 3 million professionals already use Zapier to save more time, but there are millions more to reach. A Sr. Community Moderator is responsible for moderating and creating content, keeping topics and discussions organized and relevant, engaging with our users, and maintaining a positive and engaging atmosphere within the community. The purpose of this role is to not only engage within our internal community forum but within external communities ...Read more
We're looking for a Sr. Community Moderator to join the Community team at Zapier. Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Over 3 million professionals already use Zapier to save more time, but there are millions more to reach. A Sr. Community Moderator is responsible for moderating and creating content, keeping topics and discussions organized and relevant, engaging with our users, and maintaining a positive and engaging atmosphere within the community. The purpose of this role is to not only engage within our internal community forum but within external communities as well. They’ll partner with influencers, Experts, and Zapier users to coordinate webinars and learning opportunities as well as act as a public advocate of Zapier. They’ll work closely with community members and Certified Zapier Experts to create meaningful connections and collaborate towards solutions.
If you’re interested in launching your career with the Community team as a Moderator, then read on…
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. Hopefully, you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- You’re a skilled Moderator. We’re looking for 2+ years of experience in the SaaS Industry and previous relevant experience in Community Moderation.
- You’re an excellent written communicator. We’re also a 100% remote team, and writing is our primary means of communication at Zapier.
- You’re creative and resourceful. You try as many angles as possible to secure opportunities that drive traffic to the community and keep engagement levels high. You keep up on industry trends, are comfortable navigating the automation/no-code space, and take initiative when faced with a problem.
- You believe relationships are critical to success. You’re excellent at building relationships with community influencers, comfortable pitching new ideas, and you keep an eye out for potential partnerships that create value for everyone involved.
- You’re solid at time management. You’ll juggle a variety fast-moving communications projects, and as a part of a distributed team, you’ll be trusted to work with minimal supervision. As a part of a growing company, you have an opportunity to make a big impact, and you’re keen to build processes that’ll make your job more efficient over time.
Things You’ll Do
- Act as the voice of the community via daily moderation including reviewing discussions, replying, and probing on posts
- Escalate member feedback as well as conversations that require further support
- Make new members feel welcome and start threads meant to spur engagement (e.g. “Workflow Wednesdays”)
- Keep an active pulse on community conversations worth sharing, and contribute to transforming them into content that can be distributed to the greater community
- Converse with community members to make sure their questions are getting answered and that they are marked as such
- Ensure community guidelines are being adhered to and address situations where they are not
- Monitor posts and ensure they are in the right category, tagged correctly, and the duplicate content is merged or pointed to the original thread
- Assist with managing the experience and certification pipeline for our Certified Zapier Experts
- Engage with Experts and members and motivate them to help one another
- Act as a liaison between marketing, product and engineering to assist in the alignment of messaging, content, and product updates
- As a part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
Zapier helps people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Remote - Anywhere
Our distributed environment lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Travel of 5% - 10% for company retreats which rotate to various cities throughout North America
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please make sure to answer each question. After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.