Meet The Guru
Resource Guru was born when two people, working in a digital agency, were grappling with a problem that didn’t seem to have any decent solutions. 8 years on, we have a leading productivity app that is changing the way teams manage time across the globe. We have some incredible customers including NASA, Ikea, Publicis, Accenture, Red Hat, KPMG, Pirelli, M&C Saatchi, VMware, Ogilvy, PwC, Virgin Media and the NHS. They all trust Resource Guru ...Read more
Meet The Guru
Resource Guru was born when two people, working in a digital agency, were grappling with a problem that didn’t seem to have any decent solutions. 8 years on, we have a leading productivity app that is changing the way teams manage time across the globe. We have some incredible customers including NASA, Ikea, Publicis, Accenture, Red Hat, KPMG, Pirelli, M&C Saatchi, VMware, Ogilvy, PwC, Virgin Media and the NHS. They all trust Resource Guru to handle one of their most precious assets - their people’s time.
We are a small, remote team with employees in the UK, Europe and South Africa. This means you would be free to work from anywhere with a good internet connection and a 4 hour time overlap with GMT business hours. We live in Slack, have daily video standups and some of us like to meet up occasionally to work together from coworking spaces. We’re a friendly team and like to think of ourselves as a family :)
Are you passionate about driving revenue in a fast growing SaaS business? Do you love crafting inbound campaigns, analysing the data and tailoring the experience at each point in the funnel to maximise conversion? If so, this role is for you. You’ll partner with external agencies to maximize channel efficiency and hit aggressive new customer acquisition targets. To succeed, you’ll be very autonomous and driven, capable of both analytical and creative thinking. You will also have good interpersonal skills that enable you to build close relationships with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders. You’ll have an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the marketing playbook and you’ll obsess over achieving measurable growth on a weekly basis.
Areas You’ll Own
- Plan and implement the many facets of a long term integrated SaaS growth strategy and coordinate with internal and external resources.
- Set up and manage an analytics dashboard. Define and own page-level and channel-specific KPIs. Use site traffic, engagement data, and in-product metrics to prioritize opportunities and generate weekly progress reports.
- Build and iterate an SEO roadmap of site updates, experiments and technical initiatives to improve keyword rankings and global search market share to drive organic traffic, signups, and revenue.
- Manage the optimisation strategy for our paid and organic channels and landing pages.
- Coordinate with the Product Manager to promote forthcoming feature releases and build an ongoing promotional plan.
- Collaborate with our UX, Research and Customer Success teams to build a deeper understanding of visitor and customer requirements and pain points. Use those insights to inform marketing messaging and optimise lead conversion.
- Build the strategy for our social media and display campaigns to support both brand & performance-based goals and continuously optimise for scale and efficiency.
- Optimise retargeting campaigns to maximise full-funnel performance.
- Build a lifecycle marketing program using educational content to drive Resource Guru value and stickiness.
- Help with hiring as the marketing department grows.
What We’re Looking For
- At least 5 years experience in performance and growth marketing. Some of that experience will ideally have been with a high growth SaaS or software product. Ideally, there will be some industry leading, recognizable company names on your CV.
- Great writing skills and understanding of what an effective bit of content looks like.
- Passion! You live and breathe digital marketing and are the one of the first to know about the latest digital marketing techniques and best practices.
- Results driven mindset constantly trying to find new ways to squeeze every last drop out of your marketing efforts.
- Good understanding of SaaS KPIs.
- SEO expertise, comfortable with tools like SEMrush, ahrefs and Moz.
- Familiarity with marketing automation tools and best practices for inbound marketing.
- Experience with hypotheses-driven A/B testing, experiment design, and statistical analysis.
- Ability to partner with design to create experiences that are positive for the brand, delightful for the user, and impactful for the business’ key performance indicators.
- Knowledge of how to build social media communities and run advertising campaigns across all platforms.
- Analytical and data-driven mindset, comfortable using heat mapping tools, Google Analytics/Amplitude, Google Optimize.
- Understanding of international data protection regulations eg GDPR and ability to market effectively within those limitations.
- Fluent English and great communication skills.
- Good knowledge of project management, productivity tools and SaaS.
- Global perspective, with experience promoting business in the US and working on translated and localized sites.
- Working knowledge of Google Adwords campaign management.
Nice To Haves
- Experience of speaking at conferences.
- A great salary
- Stock options
- Work from anywhere you like (with at least 4 hrs overlap with GMT business hours) - coworking space will be provided if necessary
- 33 days paid holiday per year (including any public holidays). In addition, birthday day off and house move day off
- Flexible hours
- Monthly exercise contribution - but use it for anything you like
- Pension contribution
- Work for one of the UK’s most successful startups