The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for an experienced Administrative Specialist for our Product and Technology departments, reporting to the Director of Administration. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the schedules of two Engineering chief officers and cooperating with other schedulers within the organization to prioritize schedules and meetings. Additionally, this role will be responsible for coordinating weekly director meetings, note taking and supporting special projects as time and workload allows. In this role, you will support ...Read more
The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for an experienced Administrative Specialist for our Product and Technology departments, reporting to the Director of Administration. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the schedules of two Engineering chief officers and cooperating with other schedulers within the organization to prioritize schedules and meetings. Additionally, this role will be responsible for coordinating weekly director meetings, note taking and supporting special projects as time and workload allows. In this role, you will support complex calendaring requests across many time zones, and administrative requests such as coordinating guest speakers, reconciling credit cards, and understanding procurement and contract processing. This role will also liaise with the convening team to support virtual and in person events. This role is part of a larger team of support professionals that support all chiefs at the Wikimedia Foundation.
You are responsible for:
- Managing calendars for two Engineering Chiefs
- Understanding Chief priorities by utilizing productive inquiry
- Supporting VP’s onboarding of new hires within Product and Technology
- Reconciling credit cards, Entering data into contract system
- Contributing to the effectiveness of administrative services and team
- Partnering with executives, leads and convening staff to deliver virtual and in person events
- Managing workload, prioritization, and attention to detail with executive requests
- Collaborating and cooperating with others to meet logistic goals and challenges
Skills and Experience:
- Experience coordinating multiple senior level schedules across international time zones in a global work environment.
- Evidenced ability to work with different working styles at the same time
- Actively engage with productive logistical support
- Effective communication and information sharing for logistical planning
- Experience taking notes and publishing according to team specifications
- Superior expertise with Google calendar and intermediate level with GSuite software
- Familiarity with Asana and other project management s/w tools
- Familiar with s/w engineering logistics environment
- Communicate support and path forward when you have more requests than available time.
Qualities that are important to us:
- Open, flexible, and succinct in support style and communication
- Exhibit creativity, resourcefulness and accuracy in problem solving
- Communicative to refine services and anticipate needs
- Ability to thrive in administrative and logistical support environment
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Light project management experience
- Wiki editing experience
- Ability to travel
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or (415) 839-6885.
U.S. Benefits & Perks*
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their eligible families (yes, fully paid premiums!)
- The Wellness Program provides reimbursement for mind, body and soul activities such as fitness memberships, baby sitting, continuing education and much more
- The 401(k) retirement plan offers matched contributions at 4% of annual salary
- Flexible and generous time off - vacation, sick and volunteer days, plus 22 paid holidays - including the last week of the year.
- Family friendly! 100% paid new parent leave for seven weeks plus an additional five weeks for pregnancy, flexible options to phase back in after leave, fully equipped lactation room.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
- Telecommuting and flexible work schedules available
- Appropriate fuel for thinking and coding (aka, a pantry full of treats) and monthly massages to help staff relax
- Paid travel to Wikimedia Foundation events all around the world!
- Equipment including a laptop, monitor, plus a one-time stipend to cover any additional needs to make sure you have the best work experience
- Great colleagues - diverse staff and contractors speaking dozens of languages from around the world, fantastic intellectual discourse, mission-driven and intensely passionate people
*Please note that for remote roles located outside of the U.S., we defer to our PEO to ensure alignment with local labor laws.